Thursday 31 March 2016

initial construction of contents page



Overall i can see that after putting my magazine into indesign and adding some subheadings that would be what my audience would have wanted, I know this due to my questionnaire. The subheadings would be a array of colours such as Red, White and black. this would be my house style and this would run consistently throughout my magazine. I have added a large title which would be the vocal point of my magazine front page as it allows consumers to know what is in my magazine and what to expect when reading the main article, i have used a large font and also some effects such as a gradient overlay for the text to make the writing look more professional at the top right hand side of my magazine cover i have implemented a score. this would be so that consumers would know what is included into my magazine, in this case a free gift code would be included, this once again also was one aspect my target audience would specify would make them more interested in my magazine and therefore i felt i need to include it. The size of the fonts would also be a changing theme. I have used many different types of font sizes when making the front cover of my magazine the Name of "K.Will" and the "50" on the left hand side are both allot bigger than the rest of the subheadings and therefore consumers would be more likely to read these headings from a distance.
For my initial thinking on my contents page i believed that this image would be the correct one. however i didm not thin k the colour of the image went well with my house style. therefore i knew that i would have to change the colour of the image. I places the default photo on a A4 sheet in photoshop and began to place it in the left hand corner, i have done this as in my research on contents pages most i have seen had the main image on the left hand side with the writing on the right hand side. I then deleted the background and began to work out what colour i should make my image, continuing with the house style i decided to make my image white and black however this would not have looked good by itself
therefore i decided o find an image that would show more about my double page spread, I then chose this picture of the New York skyline, this would fit perfectly with my double page spread as it is all about my actor going to New York and touring there. I then began to manipulate the photo and in doing so have made the skyline inside of the actor, I have done this by cropping the side of my image so that it fits the actors outline. i believe that this looks more professional and would also be a good manipulation to explain here on my blog. When duplicating the image I then had to change the
opacity of the actors photo so that the consumer could recognise the actor and the new york skyline that would relate to the article. I then gave the image a colour overlay to make it black and white which would be my house style. This would make my actor look more intimidating and therefore would make the reader more interested in what it is my actor is going to be discussing when he is being interviewed on my double page spread. Lastly i have now put a backdrop on the contents page which is a white background however i have used a black brush tool on photoshop to gentley bruch the edges of my page to make it look more professional and almost give the page a silver look which would make it
look more authentic then just plain white. I then had to change the opacity of the brush tool to make sure the black brush was not to overpowering and the main focus was still on the main manipulated image. I then created a black border running on the outside of my page. This would make sure the reader knows which part they should be reading and also it would look pleasing as the black line does not go over the main image, this would make the image look even more professional and once again would still mean the main image is the manipulated one. I have added a simple title on to the contents page and a small subheading underneath which would greet the readers and make them aware of what is coming up in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment