Friday 26 February 2016

I have then made a second questionnaire that would furthermore allow to gain a better understanding of what my audience would be and what they would want to see in my finished magazine.  

What do I need to know?
The goal of my research that I am carrying out would be to gain and identify a target audience as well as gain a greater understanding of what this target audience would lie to see in my music magazine that would appeal to my predicted target audience, I will use a website called survey monkey to gain key information and an appropriate opinion that would benefit me greatly when it comes to making my magazine.

Using this research I can implement some of the requests my population would like to see and manipulate my magazine in order to make the magazine appeal to my target audience and maybe afterwards a larger audience. The things that I would need to know is basic knowledge e.g Age, Gender however I must also be able to gather information upon what genre of music my magazine would be based upon.

The things i would like to know would be, what preferences they would have as to what they would like to see featured in the magazine and what would attract them to purchase my magazine. Basic features such as the price of my magazine and also the critical aspect of the content would all have an influence on my magazines success as the consumers would only pay for something they would like to enjoy. In my magazine i will ask ten questions that would help me gain a better understanding on what it is i would like to know about my audience, my ten questions will be

1. What is your age?
2. What is your gender?
3. What is your favorite music genre?
4. How often do you purchase music magazines?
5. What content would you expect to see in a music magazine?
6. How much would you be willing to pay for a music magazine?
7. Would You Be Interested In New Upcoming Artists?
8. Would You Be Interested In New Upcoming Artists? 
9.  Would A Free Gift Encourage You To Buy The Magazine
10. From The Genre You Have Chosen, Please State Your Favorite 3 Artist's
From these questions i will be able to tell what it is i need to include in my magazine to make it appeal more to my target audience and overall make my magazine more successful, these questions would give me both key information on what my target audience would like and also give me idea's on what i could include to make my magazine more attractive however not hinder the overall magazine.   










Results






































  





From the results i can infer that,  most of my audience are the age 16-17 with a surprising  age of 19 years old. This would help me when it comes to making the magazine as I am able to base my magazine upon the age group that has i have been able to infer due to this specific question in the questionnaire. 



from my questionnaire i can infer that my target audience would be a male dominated audience I can use this information wisely as i can use this as and advantage due to the fact i am a male myself and would therefore know what i would like in a magazine and without generalizing too much I am able to represent myself and have a strong influence in what goes in the magazine to please my male audience. 



From my results i can infer that my audience would prefer a rap/hip-hop magazine,  this is due to the overwhelming response  I got in the results a majority of 76% said they would prefer to read a Rap/Hip-Hop magazine. This would mean i will have to research into more rap magazine to find content and layout inspirations to  gain a better understanding upon rap/Hip-Hop magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment