Monday 30 November 2015


As you can see Ihave re-created my initial magazine cover in indesign, I have done this by adding a similar image as well as re-creating all of the individual text on the side of the page. I believe I have used the tutorials well to recreate a decent first attempt of making a magazine cover this would be my first time making a magazine cover and I could improve it by spending more time on this particular project.

I first traced out the magazine front cover to gain accurate measurements. These measurements combined with the guidelines has helped me construct a magazine that is near identical to the actual copy. My tracing of the magazine was quite accurate, I drew all that I could see on the page, I found it easy to trace the magazine however I found I quite difficult to apply what I have drawn into adobe indesign which is a new software that I was unfamiliar with. however I used youtube videos which would help me allot to learn some tricks that I could use to make my magazine look professional in the future.

During this task I have learnt various techniques whilst watching the YouTube videos. I have learnt how to add images into InDesign, this would be an establishing feature that would allow me to create the first layer which would consist of the image that I have chosen of my Celebrity couple. I have chosen a image and have been able to learn from the video how to place the image on the left hand side of the file. I found this very easy as having used photoshop which is a similar software to InDesign. I was then able to learn from the video how to add text as well as change the colour of the text which you can see I have done in the image. 

I found to add effects to the text was quite difficult. This would be due to the fact I was learning a new software and was unfamiliar as to where to choose these options

No comments:

Post a Comment