Saturday 28 November 2015

Recreating the Chosen article

In the lesson I have just been in, I have seen many magazine examples and have chosen a specific article that I will be recreating next lesson on a program called indesign. This will be the first time I have used this new piece of software and will be a learning experience as it unlike other programs I have used in the past when dealing with creating pieces on a piece of technology. I hope to gain experience in this application in order to add skills that I did not have before hand when I started the course. In order to prepare for the next lesson I have watched several YouTube videos to gain a better understanding of the program. The video I watched that offered the most for me as a beginner is the one linked below.



The video showed me how to set up a new document and also to prepare myself when making a new piece of work that includes the preparation of images and documents and also items such as guidelines.

The magazine cover I will attempt to recreate in the new piece of software; InDesign is the following image of celebrity couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for OK magazine. I decided to attempt the recreation of this magazine cover due to the features it puts forward using the regular codes and conventions of existing magazine covers that successfully reach their target audience. By doing this I hope to both gain understanding of reaching my target audience using conventions, and to also gain experience in the new piece of software.

No comments:

Post a Comment